Thursday, April 24, 2008

random poems from 1999-2002

all written by Sujey Lee during High School Years.



i awoke to your

drowsy touch

so close i felt like sinking into you

to sleep in the crease of your eyelid

melting in so smooth

like the words you tickle my ear with

cotton candy

i wanted to taste the stars on your lips

your breath soaked with rum

i held every moving taste so close to the jar filled with my memories

slowly fading into the rusted tangled dent

where we began

crumbling our sweaty hands let loose

so far our beating hearts heard felt no more of each other

dying were the stars falling around your

silhouette walking away under my bed

false silken demeanor so far

so close in my glass mind

pieces of broken

happiness cut my eyes

bleeding over a white picket fence

i breathe no

more of

you

_____________________________________________________________________________________




to say i am sorry for the winter i spent dying



i could taste you much better under this sun
feeling the blue spill over you
counting the smiles on your flower to say i am sorry
you took it with a grin
holding this between us
embarrassed but oddly comfortable
in this situation
pull me away
because right now i am coming closer with each hot pink petal
dropped our flower
your black nails rip
through this ugly memory
but you dont know this

my sweet confession

_____________________________________________________________________________________



Poem inspired by "The Vanishing" by Stephen Dunn

MAY.1.1999

is it the moon that makes me whirl with ambition
for nothing at all. a sudden stop and a continual buzz.
(only that my breath reeks of your memory)
confusion is simple
pure dripping from my nose

looking up to see the moon
rotund, glowing clam and orange
singing bright and lovely on the wide streets before me

SOAK IT IN LITTLE GIRL
sopping wet with anamnesis
(because in a couple of hours she will see the same moon, she will think the same thoughts, breath the same certain beauty)

a sigh thrown deep into the sky.

im just sleeping with these thoughts tonight. kissing and warm.
looking back on how you smile when you are happy and how you smile when you are content

this should have come with a warning: INTENSITY MAY FADE

_____________________________________________________________________________________


TAPPEN HIGH BOYS (and getting away from the east wrapping herself in this)


I hide under this memory with butter on my toes
trying so lovely to keep the dry away
but my heels hurt and I am kept reminded of that gray carpet
I knocked over the alarm clock with a sigh that woke up the world


wrapped up in shooting stars as you picked the feathers from my hair
let me watch you take off your eyes
and please sing to me forever


but im listening to the songs that define my days spent laughing
a beer between our silence
a smirk behind their backs
we drive off in her rusty white and I fall in love with that burgundy station wagon

singing lucky if we speak on holidays but never believing it could be us
sinning under the sun
and crying curses into the sky with the sight of our breath
the winter cold hit hard that year
knocking the smiles and comfort out of us all
walking away from the music and night colored debaucheries which tied us together
we let go of hands
and drive our cars into the river which divides

im just thinking back on relationships too intense

No comments: